IGNORED

Work in progress...

JMT240KGTR

Thought you might like to see another work in progress....

Running F54 L28 overbored .040, flat tops, triple 40DHLA Dellortos, mild cam, 5 speed & 3.9 diff, lowered Kings springs all round.

Recently painted (not show quality but a far better sight than what it was), hoping to get it on the road within the next couple of months....cheers

post-4029-14150811822862_thumb.jpg

post-4029-14150811823539_thumb.jpg

post-4029-14150811824116_thumb.jpg

post-4029-1415081184934_thumb.jpg

Front seats were from a ebay importing outfit in Sydney, $200 & shipped to my front door for both. Came with universal rails, but used the 240K rails as these only need a few mm drilled out from the rear mount holes, fits & works a treat...!

Sweet as! It looks like a nice ride.

Did you know that the mopar smallblock can bolt straight into a 240Z with the american truck engine mounts? I read a thread about guys in the us doing it on hybridz.

Does the K have the same mounts as the Z? I assumed that there might be different as the z has rack & pinion steering.

Thanks guys.

No diesel crank, bought an recoe'd L28 off ebay, rebuilt only 5000klms ago and when torn down, it looked brand new inside, I was amazed. Only real modification was the usual sump re-arrangment from rear to front bowl pick up, no biggy.

I've heard about the Chrysler small blocks fitting, I've got a Valiant as well with a 318 but after a quick think, decided against ripping it out for the Datto. :)

I'm not too happy with the paint job, initially I wasn't too fussed I was just happy to get it repaired, get the running gear strong, and looking "ok". Now I'm tempted to get it sorted properly, hey Kid K, you spray do you? I'm from Cranbourne, give us a price for a once over, I'll do all the prep work ;)

• 3 weeks later...