IGNORED

Rollbar Application

SuperDave1965

Hi Dave

I have just had a roll bar made and fitted to my 2 seater and I also have (2) 2+2's.

While I do not have a definitive answer to your query, there is no way that I can visualise a roll bar for one model fitting into another. Any side view of the profile of the two S30 models will show that the difference in the length of the two cars is most evident in the length between the doors and the rear wheels and strut towers - the critical areas into which a bar would be mounted..

I think if you view the the MSA website you will see that the roll bars for the two seater mount into the rear in a way that is not transferable to the 2+2. It might be possible to do so but only with some additional work or modification in which case I think I would prefer to start from scratch and have a bar fabricated for the specific model under consideration.

There are many people on this site with North American competition experience who might provide their views on this matter. Perhaps you could post some details on the year of manufacture of your 2+2 and the intended use of vehicle so that people with specific knowledge of your situation might be able to respond as appropriate.

One of the additional thoughts that crossed my mind is that comparatively few people compete in 2+2's compared to two seaters. If you are developing a competition vehicle then it might be best to float and confirm your vision before commiting to such a project.

Do not be put off by what I have said - I only urge you to continue to research your options before initiating the development of your project.

Regards

Dave

Edited by boyblunda
grammar