IGNORED

Air cleaner

260zinsd

Mark-

One of the best $100 I've spent on my car is the original breather and K&N air filter for my car. I reconnected all the correct emmissions up so all the hoses are re-connected correctly. Due to the natural air horns on the original air breather I really believe I have a little more power rolling through my carbs. I use to have the same set up that you have but this was a good upgrade for me. You can get intouch with THE ZBARN and Roger can hook you up with a nice original breather and the correct hardware. If you do a search you can find the closest original paint - and with a little elbow grease and a little painting skill your carb set up would go back to original. And yep, you can still purchase the reproduction decals for the breather...........just a thought;)

Great looking car by the way! Killer tires - that is one of my next projects next driving season

A 1-1/2" throat stub stack will essencially "Choke your carbs."

You need the 1-3/4" wide stacks and air cleaner assemblies that will acompany the 1-3/4" SU's.

I recently had Steve and Bruce at ZTherapy instal a brand new set of SU's onto my rebuilt 2.6 Liter in my 70' 240Z. Those, in combination with the MSA K&N filter kits (Very similar to the ones pictured above) and Air horns cut from a mangled stock air cleaner assembly, Have been ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

I Won't go back to the stock box, there just ain't no convincing me otherwise.

Hope the other info helps. Below is my new SU's and air cleaners.

Dave

post-4921-14150811732462_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811733072_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

A 1-1/2" throat stub stack will essencially "Choke your carbs."

You need the 1-3/4" wide stacks and air cleaner assemblies that will acompany the 1-3/4" SU's.

I recently had Steve and Bruce at ZTherapy instal a brand new set of SU's onto my rebuilt 2.6 Liter in my 70' 240Z. Those, in combination with the MSA K&N filter kits (Very similar to the ones pictured above) and Air horns cut from a mangled stock air cleaner assembly, Have been ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

I Won't go back to the stock box, there just ain't no convincing me otherwise.

Hope the other info helps. Below is my new SU's and air cleaners.

Dave

Looks great....

I have been wire brushing the stock air box 3 layer's of paint Orange,Blue,Yellow,not sure who painted it but it was sloppy.

How much was that set up?

Thanks for the fast respond all.

I was going to buy them on ebay.I also was going to buy the set at zstore but 240.00 with tax and shipping was too much

Looks great....

I have been wire brushing the stock air box 3 layer's of paint Orange,Blue,Yellow,not sure who painted it but it was sloppy.

Use Airplane Paint Stripper - it will come off with a paper towel -eye protectors - fresh air - is a must - follow the directions on the can. Advance Auto carrries it in their auto paint area.