IGNORED

lugnut help

Has anyone ever found a Z-style shanked lugnut in a different thread, specifically 12x1.5 instead of the stock 1.25? My 510 racecar has long, hardened wheels studs in 12x1.5, but I have a set of 280zx wheels I'd like to use, and can't find any lugnuts that fit the stepped/shouldered lugnut hole other than the OE ones. I'm prepared to cut off the end of a closed nut if neccesary.

Thanks, Troy

I already answered this for Troy elsewhere, but Toyota truck lug nuts have the same shank diameter and have a 1.5 thread pitch. They are a closed nut so he will have to cut the end off or cut down the studs. I used them on my car with 2nd gen RX7 studs and Nissan 6 spoke wheels for years.

When I was searching for shank style lugnuts, EVERY parts store had the M12x1.5, but very few had the M12x1.25. Call around to good mom & pop wheel shops and you should find what you need. I think they even had them at Autozone and other chain parts stores.

When I was searching for shank style lugnuts, EVERY parts store had the M12x1.5, but very few had the M12x1.25. Call around to good mom & pop wheel shops and you should find what you need. I think they even had them at Autozone and other chain parts stores.

That's great if you have slotted mags or some other typical aftermarket wheel, but you need the right lug nuts for the factory wheels. The Nissan (and Toyota) factory wheels have larger holes in them, so the 5/8" shank diameter on the lug nuts that you find at the auto parts store is loose in the factory wheels. Since our old Datsuns use a lug centric wheel, this is a real problem. You really have to have nuts that fit.