IGNORED

best way to confirm gas to carbs?

bounce

well there's gas pumping out of the line to the top of the carb bowl...and it drains from the line below....

however....it's a nice orange color.....with the tiniest hint of varnish smell.......it has 5 gallons of good gas and some Stabil added to it...but it's orange.....yeah..... orange. that's bad aint it?

I've replaced the rotor but don't have the new distro cap or the condensor yet...UPS was way late today...missed out on it...

.....mixing an old distro cap and a new rotor is pointless? or bad?

Can I turn the key on and pump the gas out of the tank? 6 gallons or so? from the fuel lines up front? is that a drain plug on the bottom of the gas tank? it's pretty stuck on there...even a torch didn't help it come loose... just kidding...

Bounce

It sounds like your carbs and maybe your tank need to be cleaned. If you buy the ZT video, cleaning the carbs will be easy. You'll also learn that the "windows" you are referring to are actualy the slides or pistons.

There is no harm on mixing a new cap and rotor. Replacing the rotor is not pointless if that is the source of your ignition problems.

I would suggest that you address one system at a time rather then the all at once approach.