IGNORED

distributor "tune up" parts?

bounce

I'm going to order points/condenser, distributor cap and rotor....are these four parts what I need to eliminate my spark hunting endeavor? (and then I'll address the fuel aspects of troubleshooting) it seems that way...but more so as far as changing out these parts for new ones....it's good practice to get new ones with a new car purchase?? they do look worn....there was buildup between the points..

I cannot see spark on plug one when removed..but I'm getting good spark from the coil...

Edited by bounce

I'm going to order points/condenser, distributor cap and rotor....are these four parts what I need to eliminate my spark hunting endeavor?

How are the plugs and wires? If they look like they have some age then I would get new ones as a good set does not cost much and that way you know you are working with a good set.

If you have a good solid distributor base then you might also think about switching to a pertonix setup. Again, not that expensive and an easy to install. A very worthwhile upgrade from points (in my opinion:)). Just do a quick site search and you should have all the info you need.

I'm going to order points/condenser, distributor cap and rotor....are these four parts what I need to eliminate my spark hunting endeavor?

Since you've changed the battery, plugs and the wires (don't forget the wire from the coil to the distributor) the coil would about the only thing you didn't mention.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

Since you've changed the battery, plugs and the wires (don't forget the wire from the coil to the distributor) the coil would about the only thing you didn't mention.

Dennis

that wire comes with the spark plug wire set correct? it is new....