R200/mustache bar nut size? - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

R200/mustache bar nut size?

Featured Replies

Tried to find it in my FSM some other Z books I have and searched the Z car forums but no luck. I've been checking but cannot seem to find the size of the two nuts that attach an R200 diff to the mustache bar. Size and pitch? (16MM X 1.5 maybe?) I'm doing a swap on my Early 260Z and had assumed the R200 were the same as the R180 diff. and was going to use the R180 nuts. Ah well:finger:Thanks ahead of time.

Bobby

Dang! I was going to look last night and get back to you! Almost positive they are 14 x 1.75 or 14 x 2.0. The 14 diameter I'm quite sure of.

The stud has different threads in the diff cover than for the nut, One of them is 2.0 pitch, and the other is 1.75, just not positive which is which!! If you can wait until this evening, I'll check for sure.

  • Author

:) Hey thanks Jim. Yea. that would be a help. I can't tell by looking if it's fine or coarse thread.

Bobby

I just checked the studs on a few I have here. The threads are 14 X 1.50mm.

Edit: added pics to show how to measure for those who want to know

Edited by geezer

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.