Problem with my Gauges - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Problem with my Gauges

Featured Replies

Hey whats up guys i just bought my car this past Friday its a 76 280z. When I drove it back home I notice that my oil/temp gauge was working. The oil one will move but eventually it goes back and wont move a inch I took the time to take my dash off and made sure the cables were on right but no luck. :ermm:? Idk if their might be a fuse I should check or just replace it?

Most likely the oil pressure sender. See if it is leaking oil.

Try cleaning the connection while you are there.

  • Author

ok cool il check that out tom but what about my water temp gauge?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

ok so I got the oil gauge working but still no luck with the temp one?

  • Author

Hey whats up guys so I still cant get the water temp to work I am guessing I am going to need a new gauge. But wile I was checking the cables to see if they were on right i came across the floor temp cable that was disconnected I plugged it in and now it stays on n wont turn off? I read up on it on the owners manual and it says it turns on when heat levels are abnormal and engine isn't functioning right?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.