IGNORED

Can someone please explain...

d240zx2

There is a cable coming through the firewall in the throttle linkage location that is clearly attached to the heat shield. It appears to run to the front carburetor, but I don't see any other linkage. I do not know enough about that style of carb to know where to look for a throttle shaft.

It looks like a basic cable throttle with finger linkage between the carbs. They connect to each other just like mine did on My 40 DCOE's. (same as his) You only need to connect that cable to the front carb via top or bottom bracket and you're good to go.

Very clean set-up. Wish mine was that nice.

post-4921-14150811473816_thumb.jpg

post-4921-14150811474156_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zs-ondabrain

We had a similar set up on our 50's, the carbs are linked throttle body to throttle body directly and the throttle cable is connected to the front carb. The direct link between the throttle shafts are adjustable, controlling the input as to allow you to balance the carbs. jlp

It's probably something like this.You can see the throttle cable between the manifold & the BOV.
That's as bad as my guess since that's fuel injection and the cable obviously goes to the single throttle body.