IGNORED

Turbo kit?

JKiggans

Flat tops can take about 15lbs on a real conservative tune low timing. I ran 18 for months with meth until my ringlands came apart in many pieces on all 6. This was via carbs and a Hks surge tank. timing was 18 degrees locked. Full methanol from a 500cc injector. Car made 368rwhp and 324 trq. Clutch slipping in 4th

Lots of fuel mods needed. Surgetank or sump the tank. New return line needs to be installed. You have a Zx not needed.

Best bet source a 81-83 turbo car running. MAke sure it runs good then swap it over. Can be done in a weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yetterben#p/a/u/2/YbxYUz77G2Q

http://www.youtube.com/user/yetterben#p/a/u/1/y3Kv7BIjkjs

P1030122.jpg

I have since moved over to efi.

Edited by yetterben

Im looking to run about 300 hp, if i could do more that would be amazing

but do you think it would be cheaper to get an turbod engine and swap it or just build it up and turbo it. which would be more power?

You're gonna make more power with dished pistons from a turbo simply because they can handle more boost. Honestly though you need to go over to HybridZ and hit the search button. This question is asked over there about every half hour from new guys.

You wont stop at 300hp either. I though i would but i am chasing 400+ myself.

If you have to ask about expense and how cheap it is than you cant afford it. Sorry but its the truth.

Fast reliable..... fast and cheap not reliable....pick one.

Edited by yetterben

well i mean its my first car, so i dont wanna be getting in way over my head, im thinking about doing all this whenn i put it away this winter. honestly i dont kno very much anout the pistons and stuff like that

You need to worry about rust first. Then suspension. Then take a driving course. Then get better brakes. Then take another driving course. Then worry about going faster. Then take another driving course. Then do some aero work so you can get that z up to 120 stable. Then take a a what...you guessed it driving course.

Welcome to the world of Z have a good one and make sure to read for about 6 months before you do any major power work. Its all been asked before its all out there in terms of data and how to just search and read.

Welcome aboard.

Edited by yetterben

Z's lift real bad at over 70-80 in the front. Spook will help. Belly pan will help air from pushing up on hood. This has all been covered in the aerodynamics section of HybridZ.

If this is your first car dude leave it alone for awhile. Dont go messing with all kinds of stuff. There exceptionable in stock trim. Not uber fast but decent.

thwe setup you see in the picture cost me about as much as a rb26 long block.

let alone that i got 5mpg on boost with it. Let alone that now that i have gone to efi and mega squirt and learning to tune i like to blow head gaskets. Figure time down tools telling friends you cant go out cause you gotta put the akuma zeto back together....oh wait.....thats me and you too soon. Leave it alone enjoy it. I cant stress enough brakes brakes brakes brakes. Suspension take a course. 300hp is worthless unless you can handle it. 300 hp in a z is like driving a new vette. Except it wont handle for crap at that power unless you do what.....you guessed it.

Edited by yetterben

air dams, rear spoilers, lowering to keep it low and air efficiant. These cars like to raise in the front at hi speeds. the proper airdam will keep it low and on the ground. Rear wings and spoilers will do the same and put some down force on the rear wheels at higher speeds. Which should keep the car in one lane and in a straight line.

I am not trying to talk you out of turbo power. I am trying to tell you to learn to push what you have to the limit before you get more power. I can make a stock 240 bend over and scream at my will. You think its fun to be cruising down the road in 3rd or 4th slam the gas and to have your arse end in the next lane...sure. But if you cant drive.....well Blood run's red on the highway....all of us older folks sure do remember "Mechanized Death" not pc enough to show youngsters in school i suppose.