IGNORED

Thread Size for Fan Switch?

Oiluj

Seems I lost the screw that holds on the fan switch knob. Anyone know the size?

We don't have metric fasteners that small at work or in local hardware stores, so I can't find out the easy way by "trial fit".

Timely question. I too need the same information. My fan switch just rotates and I need to secure it.

It would be metric - I will see what I can do tonite - am I correct thinking that it would be the size of a metric socket head that it would fit into?

my GUESS is its a 10mm

Dave

When I was replacing one years ago, I found that Allen Hex Head screws were readily available.

Granted you lose the ease of using a straight edge screwdriver, but you gain the ease of finding a source.

Don't recall the size or thread pitch, but I used a tap from my tap/die set to determine which one.

FWIW

E

Oh for heavens sake... (OFHS ) 10mm.... :rolleyes:

The fan switch knob screw is a 3mm x 0.5 mm pitch. Its 7.6 mm long with 4.5mm of thread.

To find something similar, think hobby shop, like a good one with lots of parts for RC cars and planes.

Maybe even an electronics supplier that sells volume control like- devices and their respective knobs might have something.

Jim

Edited by zKars