Thread Size for Fan Switch? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Thread Size for Fan Switch?

Featured Replies

Seems I lost the screw that holds on the fan switch knob. Anyone know the size?

We don't have metric fasteners that small at work or in local hardware stores, so I can't find out the easy way by "trial fit".

I have one from a 72 that I could send you if you cant find one

Davis

  • Author

Davis,

Can you measure the diameter? That should tell me what I size need.

You might want to keep that one in case yours ever comes out or is lost...

Thanks!

Timely question. I too need the same information. My fan switch just rotates and I need to secure it.

Timely question. I too need the same information. My fan switch just rotates and I need to secure it.

It would be metric - I will see what I can do tonite - am I correct thinking that it would be the size of a metric socket head that it would fit into?

my GUESS is its a 10mm

Dave

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

When I was replacing one years ago, I found that Allen Hex Head screws were readily available.

Granted you lose the ease of using a straight edge screwdriver, but you gain the ease of finding a source.

Don't recall the size or thread pitch, but I used a tap from my tap/die set to determine which one.

FWIW

E

Oh for heavens sake... (OFHS ) 10mm.... :rolleyes:

The fan switch knob screw is a 3mm x 0.5 mm pitch. Its 7.6 mm long with 4.5mm of thread.

To find something similar, think hobby shop, like a good one with lots of parts for RC cars and planes.

Maybe even an electronics supplier that sells volume control like- devices and their respective knobs might have something.

Jim

Edited by zKars

  • Author

Thanks! Will pick-up a screw tomorrow!

Julio

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.