IGNORED

Z on Nurburgring

Doehring

Hi all,

last weekend there was a great rallye for "youngtimers/classics" with 72 participants (Porsches, 2 Stratos, Renault Alpines ...).

The one and only 240Z team, the belgian team Casier/Eggemont finished in pos.53 after 2 tough days.

The pic shows them on a special stage on rainy Nurburgring

Rolf

post-1558-14150792254107_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Originally posted by Doehring

Hi all,

last weekend there was a great rallye for "youngtimers/classics" with 72 participants (Porsches, 2 Stratos, Renault Alpines ...).

The one and only 240Z team, the belgian team Casier/Eggemont finished in pos.53 after 2 tough days.

The pic shows them on a special stage on rainy Nurburgring

Rolf

hi, I drove on " ring" last year with a ferrari 348, and its awsome, it would not be legal in USA.:)

This year i will try to get there with one of my Z, how about to organice a z meeting there one weekend??

I understand now why its called the green hell...

Hi Datsun-Sports,

let me know in time when you come. I will try to arrange a meeting with some of us here in that region.

Did you have a map of the Ring before you started and how did you manage "Hatzenbach" and "Adenauer Forest". Both places nearly killed me in the past.

Rolf

Originally posted by Doehring

Hi Datsun-Sports,

let me know in time when you come. I will try to arrange a meeting with some of us here in that region.

Did you have a map of the Ring before you started and how did you manage "Hatzenbach" and "Adenauer Forest". Both places nearly killed me in the past.

Rolf

well we spun the damn ferrari at adenauer forst, and i have some stones as a sovenir...and those crazy people with motorbikes...

btw, the datsun with some mods handles better than the ferrari 348.

enclosed is my idea of dream garage

post-3174-14150792306783_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi Guus,

thanks for the hint . In the net take www.nuerburgring.de choose a language, enter, go to "Termine" and than to "Vollstandige Monatsübersicht". August will arrive but choose "September" in the line on top.. Click on 13./14. September "Festival of Speed". When this side is open go onto "Clubs und Enthusiasts am RinG" and you have the girl at the right top.

I don't know if the northern loop is open to the public during "Festival of speed" but at least you can olace your car for the show, as they advertise. If you take the webside www. nuerburgring.de you can immediatly go to "Opening times northern loop" but in that case the boys can't see what sometimes may go on beside the northern loop.

Rolf,

I followed your instructions, nice girl. I do not think her friend knows what she is doing above his head. She even made her bra loss!! Naughty naughty!:love:

I did some calling to the festival organisation. The entree is 15 euro. Per round at the ring will cost you 15 euro. The ring 20km long, did I understand it good?

I will call up some friend and see if they want to come.

Guus and all european friends,

Festival of speed can be a good place to meet. Guus is right although I think the entrance to the festival including the presentation of the car is 25 EURO, the person without a car is 15.

The Nuerburgring north loop ( F1 driver Jackie Stewart called it the "green hell") is absolutely great. Dangerous for us car drivers are the motorbikes; you will see what I mean when you are there. What you should do is to study the map (see www-link above) exactly. Enlarge it on your screen and work out what you think is the best line. You should have the 21 km in your head, curve by curve! If you are fast and happy in the one section you are quite shure too fast in the next section and get in troubles.

Take care

Rolf