IGNORED

Hi Z friends

260zinsd

I just got my first Z, A 1974 260Z original color is gold metallic paint code #304 but it has been repainted a tan color,(I want to go back to gold)pretty clean car,very clean under,no rust I'm very happy with the car.I got it on Wednesday and drove it home from LA and it was fine.Got up Sunday morning to take my wife for a cruise to Julian I get up to the first stop sign and have no clutch(Wife is not happy)LOL.....roll it back down to the house jack it up slave cylinder went bad.called kragan auto have it in stock for $11.49 bought some oil and filter changed both and walaa all better.I do not like the size tire's and want to change the rims to 240z rims just missed some for $90 bucks.I tried to put spring clamps on last night to lower it a bit but it did not work,whats the best way to lower these cars.Thanks

Z011-1.jpg

z12.jpg

Look into Eibach Progressive rate lowering springs and Tokico HP struts. Great ride, lower height, helps the tires fill the wheel well better.

What size tires and wheels do you have right now? Spring clamps are pointless on a Z car. You can run a 225/50R16 without any rubbing and they fill the well beautifully.

I think both the wheels and the colour look superb, but I can see how you'd want to take it back to 'original'. As for lowering, Zs-ondabrain is right about using Eibach springs and Tokico sruts. I recall hearing somewhere that the Tokico springs are rubbish. That particular combo is a fair bit dearer than spring clamps but it's a proper bit of kit.

On second thought, Zs-ondabrain: The Eibach springs are progressive, didn't someone on this forum complain about them making the car unstable at speed? I might have confused the Eibach ones with another make, in which case I'm sorry for the mistake!

Thanks,

Tire's are 205 50 15,I just like the tucked look better.I will get some more picture's up soon taking the wife out tomorrow.Anyone know what the rear bumper thing is called that goes on top,I'm missing it,Hard to find?will 240 bumpers fit right on?There is 128,000 on the motor,I heard these are pretty strong motors and will last long.How many miles can you go before a rebuild.

Thanks

Mark

Look into Eibach Progressive rate lowering springs and Tokico HP struts. Great ride, lower height, helps the tires fill the wheel well better.

What size tires and wheels do you have right now? Spring clamps are pointless on a Z car. You can run a 225/50R16 without any rubbing and they fill the well beautifully.

Panasport rims.15x7 with 205 50 15 Yokohama tires like new....May Trade for 5 slot Z rims with tires in great condition.

I just got my first Z, A 1974 260Z original color is gold metallic paint code #304 but it has been repainted a tan color,(I want to go back to gold)pretty clean car,very clean under,no rust I'm very happy with the car.I got it on Wednesday and drove it home from LA and it was fine.Got up Sunday morning to take my wife for a cruise to Julian I get up to the first stop sign and have no clutch(Wife is not happy)LOL.....roll it back down to the house jack it up slave cylinder went bad.called kragan auto have it in stock for $11.49 bought some oil and filter changed both and walaa all better.I do not like the size tire's and want to change the rims to 240z rims just missed some for $90 bucks.I tried to put spring clamps on last night to lower it a bit but it did not work,whats the best way to lower these cars.Thanks

Z011-1.jpg

z12.jpg

If the bar you are referring to is the one in the attached picture, it's called a bumper guard (I just did a little research and some call them overrider bars but Amco, the manufacturer, calls them bumper guards) and they come up on ebay every once in awhile. Your 260 is beautiful.

post-18081-14150811253303_thumb.jpg

Edited by 260zCaliCar

Thank you, This car is great,I get thumbs up all the time,and it sounds great,people break there necks,LOL

but I do miss my 1969 Porsche 912

If the bar you are referring to is the one in the attached picture, it's called an overrider bar and they come up on ebay every once in awhile. Your 260 is beautiful.