IGNORED

'71 Series 1 - Rear Bumper Help!

auzziez

Hi Folks, I am hoping to get some help from the community on the restoration of my Series 1 rear bumper. The first question that i have is: Is the rear bumper from a '71 exactly the same as the rear bumper from a '73? ...size wise? ...are the bumperette's in the same position? ...are the brackets in the same position? Differences?

Next, Does anyone have detailed measurements of a '71 Series 1 rear bumper with bumperettes and the rear bumper overbar? Pictures and measurements please? Thanks, Auzziez.

For North American cars, the '73 bumper is different in virtually all parts. The bumperettes are much larger and mounted farther apart, closer to the mounting brackets. I believe the bumper bar parts are a bit larger as well.

Thanks Zed, I have a nice overbar and would love to know some basic measurements regarding where to drill holes to connect it to the bumper. I could eye-ball it, but I'm too much of a perfectionist, and would hate to screw it up. Thanks,