IGNORED

Displacement after rebuild?

kensval

I've just had the stock L28 out of my '76 280Z rebuilt. It had to get punched out by 30 thou, and the dished pistons were discarded in favor of flat-tops. Can anyone tell me what the CC's on the stock pistons would have been, or even just tell me what my new displacement and compression ratio should be? I guess I'm also going to have to figure out what kind of timing to run with the new compression ratio. I was using premium fuel before, and now I'm going to need it for sure.

Stock was 86mm bore and 79mm stroke. This gave 2753cc displacement.

You now have a bore of 86.75mm. Running it through the calculator gives me a new displacement of 2802cc.

As for the compression, what head, and has it been shaved at all?

Thanks for the replies. It's a stock N42 head, stock height Fel-Pro gasket. I didn't realize the dish of the piston would not factor into overall displacement.

Here's what the calculator spat out, after I added the overbore:

Block Height= 207.87 mm

Deck Height= -0.07 mm

Chamber Volume= 44.6 cc

Cylinder Volume= 458.9 cc

Gasket Volume= 7.86 cc

Dish Volume= 0 cc

Deck Volume= 0.41 cc

Uncompressed Volume= 511.35 cc

Compressed Volume= 52.87 cc

Compression ratio= 9.67:1

Total displacement= 2753.37 cc

A different calculator I found today gave me a compression ratio of 9.975:1... may as well say 10:1. Have to be a little careful with the fuel and the timing I think. The bottom end looks stout enough, anyway, and I put in the good ARP fasteners with the rebuild.

Now can anyone tell me what the new HP should be?