IGNORED

Stock size tire recommendations

sbaker78

Hi All,

I'm new here, just bought a 78 280z a couple of days ago. It needs new tires, so I'm looking for some brand/model recommendations. I've searched, and mostly have found discussions on different sizes.

I'm sticking with the stock size, so need a good-looking moderately priced tire. This would be for normal street-driving, weekends mainly.

Thanks,

Sean.

I just put a set of Sumitomo HTR 200 tires on my 72, they're 205-60R14's and they look great on the slotted mags. They're a summer tire, treadwear rating of 380 with temperature rating of A. Tirerack.com has them for pretty cheap, and a lot of tire stores in town will match their prices.

Edited by BTF/PTM

I'm running Toyo Eclipse 195/70-14 on my car. Not really a "performance" tire at all, but I was looking for something in a stock-height tire that did NOT have a space-age tread design. Eclipses can be difficult to find in many parts of the USA, though. Fairly easy to come by in the Pacific NW and Canada.

I just put a set of Sumitomo HTR 200 tires on my 72, they're 205-60R14's and they look great on the slotted mags. They're a summer tire, treadwear rating of 380 with temperature rating of A. Tirerack.com has them for pretty cheap, and a lot of tire stores in town will match their prices.

btf do you have a picture of the tires on your z. carlh