IGNORED

Reusing glued-on weather strip

BTF/PTM

Ok, this is good news. I just ordered a set of all the tail and hatch gaskets, including the much more expensive factory Nissan main hatch seal, through MSA and I wanted to make sure I could reuse them in the event of eventually changing the car's color or repairing invading rust or something of that nature that would require pulling the seals off.

Hmmm. I got my Nissan hatch seal off in one piece recently, but it had been replaced 6-7 years ago, and the glue was not factory. Just took patience. I'm very concerned if you could remove original factory glued weatherstrip without riping it to shreds.

Give it shot. I'de be using heat to soften for sure.

My car is missing most of the seals for the entire tail end, the main hatch seal is there but it's falling off due to having been very poorly attached by the PO (and it looks like pretty cheap material) and I'm pretty sure the tail light seals are in the samecondition, and all the others aren't even there.

That's why I ask, becuz I'll be gluing all fresh hatch seals in place and replacing the insertable grommets as well. The body has a decent enough paint job to be well preserved until I can afford to have it done right, but I can see the job in the next few years so if I can reuse the fresh seals by peeling them off and re-gluing that would be good.