IGNORED

Cam Tower Torque Spec

70 240z

Help,

I've looked through the Shop manual to no end and cannot find the spec for the torque for the cam towers. I'm working on a stock 71 240z head. Someone please help, I'm hoping to get everthing back together tonite.

Thanks in advance,

Rob Kemper

• 7 months later...

You should never remove the cam towers from the head! They are LINE-BORED at the factory that’s why they don't have replaceable bearings. You might check at your local machine shop to see if they can torque the bolts so the cam aligns. If you don’t the cam will wobble after a few months and then you will have to replace the head. Hope this helps you save the head.

Mike, you're wrong. The cam towers are removable and replaceable and even swappable between heads. On the first cam swap I did I pulled the towers to swap the cam which is supposedly a no no. On the second I put internally oiled cam towers from a later head in my E31. When you put them on, just make sure that they go on straight. Spin the cam and make sure it moves freely after torquing the towers down. That's it. No big problems or hassle at all.