IGNORED

I'm new... Driving problems etc HELP!

• 3 months later...

ok. its been a few months and i got busy and had to set it aside for a while... but i moved it today to get it out of the way of something and i got reinspired. ive yet to find a fuel pump at the tank.... i definetly agree that its fuel starvation and i have found that if you rev it up (probably 4k or so) and hold it for a few seconds it runs out of fuel for a second but quickly keeps running again (so the float bowls are giving more than theyre recieving?). i had the idea to run a little portable fuel tank at the compartment fuel filter to tell whether or not it is a pump or carb issue or a fuel system leading to the filter issue but the only thing i could find to use was an atc70 tank and im not sure that it was an acurate test, but nothing changed. so i thinks its the carbs. i have no money so i still dont have an su dvd LOL and ive been looking for tips online to richen the mixture but im not finding much. i guess at this point, can anyone tell me how to richen the mixture via carb screws or however these are adjusted? and its a 4 bolt su im pretty sure.

thanks everybody!

ok. i was messing around, i think i got the carb syncd up better and the idle set better. i FINALLY figured out where the mixture screws are haha but although it runs a little nicer its still not driving right.... BUT! i found out that if you pump the brakes really fast itll kill it. everytime! so i unplugged the vacuum booster and plugged it off but it still kills it to pump the breaks. also if you pump the clutch a bunch it kills it. and i pulled the heater vent thingy and it died so i figured it was coincidence cause that couldnt do anything but i restarted it and as soon as i pulled and pushed really fast the car died. multiple times. but thats it as far as interior bugs. so im realllllllllly confused now. cause i was almost certain it was carb stuff and fuel starvation but this makes me think vacuum or ??

• 5 months later...

SHE LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the speedo cable was somehow grounding out the voltage regulator or tach or something... i unscrewed the speedo cable from the speedo and it drives fine now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!