IGNORED

Fuel Line Question

OniZ

This isn't really a emergency however the sooner a response the better. So moving along I have a decently built L26 motor with triple carbs and a holley fuel pump feeding it. One of the factory lines the one running from the front of the tank just next to the sending unit to the center fuel line leading to the motor. the hard line diameter is about 3/8", would it be a bad idea to run a 3/8" line with this setup or should I run something big in diameter, I don't want to starve the motor of any fuel that it will need. The line on the car now is bigger than 3/8".

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

ok kinda figured out the problem but not too sure on how to solve it at the moment. it seems that my fuel tank is building to much pressure when it sits out in the sun on hot days which in turn is causing the fuel line under the car to leak out. has anyone else run across this problem if so how did you take care of it.

OniZ, The stock line should be 5/16. There is also 1/4 and 3/16 that run to the tank and reclaimation unit. It sounds like your system might be modified a bit so I am not sure if you will have all these but I would imagine that your tank should still be vented to prevent pressure build up.

It might help to take a look at the stock setup for your year and see how thinks should be routed and maybe identify something missing.

Here is a link to the some FSM's if you dont have one.

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

John

john thanks for the idea. However I just checked it out and they're still searching for a manual for the year I have. There is a thread with a write up on refurbishing the fuel tank and removing the evaporator tank which I used to plumb mine the only diff from mine and the one the guy was writing about was mine has a holley elect. fuel pump.

i have a 71 i checked the manuals that they did have and none of them had any pics or diagrams of the rear fuel lines. But I think the problem may be a faulty gas cap going to give it a shot and see what happens.