IGNORED

RE-Chroming Plastic

ZCurves

For those of you who are interested, I found a place in New York that does Plastic Rechroming. Not the Spray Metalization crap either, but the real deal. You can find them on the web at www.4chrome.com. They charge approximately $5/sq inch. which sounds hefty, but with little alternative....what cha going to do??

After spending $$$ on my Z, I just couldn't do the Chrome Paint or Spray Metalization - So I just do a little at a time...which isnt so bad.

What's wrong with spray metalization?

The results I've seen up close and personal with Spectrachrome in particular look as good as vacuum bagged chrome plastic.

While looking for a place for Re-Chroming, I was told by several places that if the object being chromed was to be "Outside", that it would have to be sealed and then would have a shorter life expectancy than the traditional method......That is why I chose 4Chrome.com.

Perhaps "Crap" was too strong of an adjective. Ultimately if you or anyone else is happy with the results of Spray Metalization, thats fine!

While looking for a place for Re-Chroming, I was told by several places that if the object being chromed was to be "Outside", that it would have to be sealed and then would have a shorter life expectancy than the traditional method......That is why I chose 4Chrome.com.

Perhaps "Crap" was too strong of an adjective. Ultimately if you or anyone else is happy with the results of Spray Metalization, thats fine!

I was making a serious inquiry, what's WRONG with etc... as I am considering doing some chrome trim strips with this product (Spectrachrome). I have to do the prep myself which is not too fun.

I was told about the durability or lack thereof and the shop I am considering shoots the final product with clear coat and they said that does the trick.

Have you actually used the 4chrome.com shop to rechrome your trim strips? Did they do a good job?

Edited by dhp123166

I was making a serious inquiry, what's WRONG with etc... as I am considering doing some chrome trim strips with this product (Spectrachrome). I have to do the prep myself which is not too fun.

I was told about the durability or lack thereof and the shop I am considering shoots the final product with clear coat and they said that does the trick.

Have you actually used the 4chrome.com shop to rechrome your trim strips? Did they do a good job?

No problem, I am getting a quote from them at the moment. I want to get the taillight bezels and the interior door pull bezel rechromed so I'll post my findings...

Perhaps everyone should start posting the quotes. It would be good comparison shopping for all of us.

Edited by ZCurves