IGNORED

which car cover to get?

tttz

I just got a 71 240 that has a nice paint job and i'm looking for a car cover. i don't have a garage yet, so i need an all weather one. i live near Sacramento, CA. Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, i could use some info on the bulky-ness of the covers on the market. Most websites just measure bulk in relative terms, and i'd like to know if i can pack an overnight bag and the car cover in the back of the z.

thanks.

You should not have any problems putting the packed cover plus overnight bag in the back of the Z. They generally fold up into a medium sized bag (I guess about 1.5x1x1 ft in dimensions). Get the more expensive cover that is 100% waterproof and also has some breathing vents hidden somewhere.

The medium sized cover is the way to go, it fitted mine almost perfectly in length and width. Unfortunately, the unusual shape of the Z means it will have excess material at the front of the windscreen. This causes creases and folds in the cover that can pool puddles of water - very annoying when removing the cover and worse if you want to then put the wet cover in the back of the Z.

Lastly, watch out for the bumpers and aerial when removing the cover. They have a nasty habit of catching and tearing holes when you are in a hurry.

I suggest getting the Noah cover as it is both waterproof to a great extent and breaths. My Z got ejected from the garage for other projects at least 3 years ago and sits under one of these covers in the driveway. Most of the time I can just pull off the cover and go and it looks great. I have even left a coat of polish on it for extended time and just buffed off for the just waxed look. The Noah cover will last about two years in the sunshine before it starts to loose it.

I got mine from big sky covers in Montana. Custom cut for the 240, was about 150 with the shipping. If you fold the cover with some care when you take it off the car it will fit in a small bag with no problem. Get a copy of any car mag and look through the adds in the back and there will be several companies to comparision shop the price. Dont go with the cheaper straight cotten covers, useless if stored outside.