IGNORED

Remove brake hard line with stainless steel?

studioti

I was just wondering something. Has anybody considered removing the brake hard line hose that connects from the front caliper to the hose? Most cars i've owned before this Z has the flexible hose connection directly to the caliper. just wondering if this would clean things up a bit around the brake caliper area.

Thanks for any info.

I THINK I know what you are asking. Going to have to wait for it to warm up first to see if I am correct though. If I can when I look, I will grab some pics in to make this thread a little more on the spot..

sorry, i dont have pics to clarify, but i'll try to explain again.

Coming from the master cylinder the brake fluide goes through hard metal tubes. Then in the wheel well it connects to the flexible rubber brake hose. then that connects to another short-metal-hard tube, that finally connects to the brake caliper.

Just wondering if anybody has done some mods to get the rubber hose to go straight to the caliper. (of course, using a much longer brake hose, stainless steel preferably.)

Thanks

The hose would need to have a flare-type fitting on the end, and would need to come straight out of the back side of the caliper. Because the hose can't make sharp turns, it would be very prone to damage. The steel "S" line is a reasonable way to get around this.

I see no possible benefits, and several possible drawbacks.

post-8596-14150809886055_thumb.jpg