IGNORED

Bing carbs????

Zvoiture

Was walking downtown and saw an old BMW R 90/6 parked at the curb. It is, of course an opposed moter and had a carb on each side (fed from the crankcase???) that said Bing. They looked like simple, clean little units. They looked so simple, they could almost pass for throttle bodies. Anyone give me more info on these? Of course, it is impossible for me to see something like this and not imagine them in a row of 6......

steve77

Yikes, last time I saw a Bing carb was on an old snowmobile we had when I was a young'un. I think it was either on the 68 or 70 we had, didn't know they still existed......

Seems to me they were a pretty close copy of the Mikuni carbs they used on motorcycles, have no idea where you could find them anymore...

Drop into any BMW motorcycle shop and they will have dozens of Bings.

The bing carby was used on BMW motorcycles since Adam was a boy.

Simple design using diaphram system with plunger/needle setup. Never seen anyone attempt to use them on a car though.