IGNORED

Sway bar bushing grease ?

I replaced my front sway bar bushings and end links yesterday, i have read so many threads suggesting "plenty of grease" or poly bushings will squeak. I failed to follow the directions on the sway bar bushings and applied grease on the inside around bar and out side around mtg bracket. Will i be ok or should i remove the brackets and clean off the grease ?

You should apply silicone-based grease to the sway bar and the INSIDE of the bushings where the sway bar goes. Grease between the bushings and the brackets doesn't do anything as the brackets hold the bushings tight.

Cheers, Mike

ok, I guess i didn't read that right. Like pop

s z said, did you put silicone grease where the sway bar goes through? If not then the bushing won't really last as long as if there were grease there.

Are these poly bushings or rubber if poly, did you use the silicone grease that came with them?

If you greased the ID of the bushing then the inverse is that you greased the OD of the bar when you installed it.

Just finishing a complete suspension refresh on a 280 and one of the last things put on Friday was the front sway bar.

You'll be fine. If not and it starts to make noise then 1) remove and re-grease, 2) turn up the stereo, 3) get a louder muffler.....

• 2 weeks later...

When I installed my Prothane Kit, I made a evil concoction of Silicon Grease (supplied with the kit) and Anti-Cease compound. I applied this to every surface the bushings come in contact with on the suspension, making sure that the little pockets within the bushing were full. Since this was pretty messy, I just wiped off the leftovers with shop towel. Also a good trick is to use a wire wheel to clean any of the OEM Shackles prior to install. No squeeks in three years!