IGNORED

Prince emblem

IdahoKidd

Also the last generation Prince logo (which appeared on the R380) was also used on the steering wheels of Nissan's c10 and c110 Skylines (perhaps others?). I believe the standard models had blue logos, and the GT-Rs were fitted with red ones.

Also the last generation Prince logo (which appeared on the R380) was also used on the steering wheels of Nissan's c10 and c110 Skylines (perhaps others?). I believe the standard models had blue logos, and the GT-Rs were fitted with red ones.

You sure about that? None of the C110 steering wheels I've seen have a prince logo on them. They are either D for Datsun on export models, or S for Skyline on JDM models.

6.JPG

and

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300383511608

You sure about that? None of the C110 steering wheels I've seen have a prince logo on them. They are either D for Datsun on export models, or S for Skyline on JDM models.

Duh - you are right! :) I was typing from memory, and I forgot the c110 has the scripted "S".

Also the last generation Prince logo (which appeared on the R380) was also used on the steering wheels of Nissan's c10 and c110 Skylines (perhaps others?).

I wonder if you might have been thinking of the combined 'N' and 'P' cypher ( as seen on the Nissan R380 A-II, R380 A-III, R381, R382 & R383 sports racers ) as opposed to the stylised, brush-stroke 'P' shield logo ( as seen on the Prince R380-I & R380 A-I )?

The 'NP' cypher is often mistaken for a stylised 'P'. It seems likely that Nissan were making a conscious effort to acknowledge the 'Prince' heritage of the R380-series with this badge.

Example photos: 'NP' emblem on Nissan R381, and Prince 'P' shield on 'Prince Jidosha' sticker ( on my toolbox! ):

post-2116-14150809652191_thumb.jpg

post-2116-14150809652824_thumb.jpg

I wonder if you might have been thinking of the combined 'N' and 'P' cypher ( as seen on the Nissan R380 A-II, R380 A-III, R381, R382 & R383 sports racers ) as opposed to the stylised, brush-stroke 'P' shield logo ( as seen on the Prince R380-I & R380 A-I )?

The 'NP' cypher is often mistaken for a stylised 'P'. It seems likely that Nissan were making a conscious effort to acknowledge the 'Prince' heritage of the R380-series with this badge.

Example photos: 'NP' emblem on Nissan R381, and Prince 'P' shield on 'Prince Jidosha' sticker ( on my toolbox! ):

Well, there you go - strike 2 for me. :) At least this time I was in the ball park - ha!

• 1 month later...

WoW! What a GREAT DAY! WHAT A AWESOME freakin day. I was going through some of my boxes of auto and Datsun stuff to put on my parts store site and came across another NOS red datsun lion walnut shift knob that I'd completly forgot about :) . What a awesome day :D

PM sent bro ^_^

For thread reference purpose heres the pic of the red lion style spoke of.

The new one I found is actually in better condition than this one, has no

nicks, comes with the original box aswell and still has the original

Yellow price tag on it :)

post-13541-14150810251052_thumb.jpg

Heres the link to the photo album

http://s170.photobucket.com/albums/u280/Wingzr0/Datsun%20Prince%20Rally%20Shift%20Knob/

~Z~

post-13541-14150810250626_thumb.jpg

Edited by WingZr0