i got a quick question - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

i got a quick question

Featured Replies

what size is crankshaft pulley bolt for a l26???

If my memory serves me correct, then it is 27 millimeter.

Chris

It is a 27mm, but if the front pulley is like the stock unit on an L24 you will need a thin wall (non-impact) 6 point socket. An impact socket will not fit in the opening, and a 12 point doesn't have the necessary grip.

It is really difficult to get a 6 point metric stock in the U.S. that will do the job, however a 1-1/6" standard 6 point socket is easy to get, and works just fine.

(1 1/6" = 26.9875mm in theory so 27mm in practice.)

I'm confused Walter. There is tons of room around the bolt on all of the L24-L28s I've owned. Maybe they early L24s are different, but from '72 on, they have at least an inch all the way around the head.

As far as the socket, I use a 27mm Craftsman. They are a regularly stocked item.

I'm confused Walter. There is tons of room around the bolt on all of the L24-L28s I've owned. Maybe they early L24s are different, but from '72 on, they have at least an inch all the way around the head.

As far as the socket, I use a 27mm Craftsman. They are a regularly stocked item.

Same for my Series II '71.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.