IGNORED

Schematic or help with Rubber and weather stripping

mally002

The shop is ready to start putting on all the weather stripping and all rubber back on the 240, the problem is the whole set that came from precision does not list what each piece is.

The doors, hatch, etc are easy to identify, put there are a lot of smaller pieces that we just don’t have a clue where they go, or if the one’s we think are right actually go there. Is there a schematic anywhere for the 240 that shows where every piece of rubber goes.

Thanks for any help.

I don't know if this will help or not Randy. It is the 19 pcs Precision Parts List with the part numbers. The individual packages in the kit have these part numbers on them don't they? Looks like you won't be using the Upper Door Weatherstrips for your car.

Thanks Ron,

I will check these numbers against mine on Monday. It's really weird, I ordered this kit 6-8 months ago and when it arrived we just set it aside for the time being. The shop finally has gotten back on my project and when we opened the box on Friday there were over 30 pieces of rubber and stripping.

Only about 8 pieces were actually tagged with a number, I must have gotten the only kit that got by the inspectors and was shipped without most of it being labeled or bearing a part number.........Anyway, I think there is a lot of pieces that don't belong in there.

Ron's list only shows 19 pieces total, even with the duplicate door weatherstrips, and not 30 as you mentioned.

Once you've inventoried and cross-checked against the list, why not take pictures of the remaining ones and post them. That way everyone can help identify.

E

I have the complete 19 piece kit on the shelf here. Over the last few years I have also bought several other NOS rubber pieces and placed them in the same box, in an attempt to keep things organized. I know there are well over 30 pieces in the box now and it would be confusing to anyone else opening the box. I've even temporarily lost track of what is there. Was your kit purchased from someone who may have done the same as me? No matter, if you do get stumped, Enrique's suggestion of posting pics here should net a few answers.