Best Z Barn Find - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Best Z Barn Find

Featured Replies

  • Author
Nissan Sport Mag says HLS30-00013 is the "ultimate barn find".

-Mike

I don't know if #00013 could be considered a "barn find". It is still owned by Rick Morgan who bought it in 1976 and put it in his garage in 1979. Can the owner "find" his own car???

BTW, I have had the chance to see the car "up close and personal" and it is VERY cool. 98% original and ready to be restored. A real gem in the Z world!

:)

I don't know if #00013 could be considered a "barn find". It is still owned by Rick Morgan who bought it in 1976 and put it in his garage in 1979. Can the owner "find" his own car???

My thoughts exactly, which is why I was surprised to see the cover of the upcoming Nissan Sport Magazine describe it like that. I'm sure it is a great car though and I can't wait to read the article about it.

-Mike

Although I "found" my 73 on Craigslist, it was in the ladies barn/garage when I picked it up. It had been there for about 7 - 8 years. She was the original owner (with all paperwork), the car is all original, bought at Fireside Datsun in Attleboro, Mass., matching numbers, very clean interior, and only had 26,000 miles on the clock. Pretty good find here in Massachusetts, where only a few of these cars survived.

My car isn't a barn find but rather Ebay. Seller listed the car wrong, a running 1979 280zx 5 speed and all complete! I placed a bid and won the car for $9.99 ;)

Got to love when people spell it like this: Datson

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.