IGNORED

headlight help

cbudvet

Hey everyone,

So the issues continue with my car and the body shop guy. So, his latest excuse as to why the car hasn't been painted in the last year is the fact that he hasnt had the headlights. He does make some sense in that with the headlights in place, he can then mount the headlight scoops and I wont have to take them off later to put the headlights in place. The problem is..... I dont have the screws to mount the headlight units in place. What type of scews hold them in place? Are they screws that screw into the body or are they just a screw and nut? Does that make sense? I find myself wanting to scream with the lack of progress and feeling like I have to spoon feed this guy. AAAHHHHGGGGG!!!!!

carl

Carl, the headlight 'buckets' as they are commonly called have threaded studs on the back with a very small nut that fastens them from the back side (inside the front of the front fender, also a few maybe 3-4 6mm bolts that fasten them on to the main body section. You should be able to get these from a bolt supplier or even a decent hardware store, maybe even Lowe's or Home Depot. These are a 5 minute fastening job, 1 year for paint work is ridiculous.

To clarify a little - the headlight bucket assembly is attached to the inside of the fender by four screws. You change the headlight by removing the four screws and the bucket assembly from inside the wheel opening. So there is no reason that you body guy can't install the headlight scoops as necessary, because you won't need to remove them to install or service the lights later.

To clarify a little - the headlight bucket assembly is attached to the inside of the fender by four screws.

Heh, my headlight buckets have studs, but only because I bought them on Ebay, and I thought the broken off bolts were studs, which I carefully "replaced".

Don't anyone else try that please. With studs and nuts you have to remove the front wheel to change a headlight. :stupid:

Just like Arne and Orange_73 have said. Tell him to paint the car! The headlights are irrelevant to the painting of the Buckets!

It sounds like this guy spent your $$$ and doesn't have the capacity to move on and complete the job. Gitter Done or get your car out of there!