headers are thinner then intake manifold - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

headers are thinner then intake manifold

Featured Replies

I bought used headers for my 260z and they seem to line up. The head is square exhaust ports so are the headers. The problem is the intake manafold is 1/2 inch thick and the headers are 1/4 inch thick. How does this work with the circle piece that holds both of these down and together.

You need "Half Moon" spacers. It's basically a 1/2" thick washer, with 1/2 of the circle diameter shaved to 1/4". The 1/4" part is for the intake manifold side and the 1/2" side would be for the header side.

I had to use those on the 71' Z that I used to have. Worked like a charm.

Dave

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.