IGNORED

Marmitte exhaust systems

ajmcforester

I just picked up an barely used Marmitte Supersprint front muffler:D I've heard of this front muffler but had not seen picture untill I saw the ad. I'm wondering what other setups Marmitte had I know this manufacture sold many different brands, like ANSI. I'm trying to also figure out what resonator to use to finish the setup. One thing I have noticed with the resonators for sale is they don't match my size the end of the pipe measures a factory sizes (1 3/4" OD and 1 5/8" ID). The ones I've seen for sale are 2"

Today is rainy and dark, but the fist day of good light I'll get some pictures to add (I know a lot of you love pictures)

Yep ! Being one of the resident ANSA fanatics I definately wanna see some pics :) . Seen some Marmitte collectibles like auto garage clocks and the Ansa logos and race stickers I have but never knew Marmitte itself was a brand. Where you looking for the resonators? If you looking for vintage check out my 'Twin Stacks' thread or any other Ansa one I started, lots of styles many of which came in the 1-3/4 your looking for :) . ~Z~

Edited by WingZr0

Well Marmitte might not be a brand, and they made several different brands, or something along that line, and I do know that is a region of Italy.

When I was looking at websites using Marmitte for search word I came across a Fiat Marmitte aftermarket website. It was poorly designed and hard to fallow the text, but it had great pictures of about 4 brands or types all having the Marmitte name. I wish the sight was easier to follow because it looked to have some chronological order of the history. Any ways where I'm trying to go with this the muffler body construction on the mufflers and resonators were the same among all the different brands or models hinting to me at least the use of the same manufacturing plant. The other ting I noticed is different lables on the exhaust systems.

I however have not found any exhaust systems with with the SUPERSPRINT label on it like I have or any other pictures of my exhaust system than the eBay ad.

By the way I'm interested in your resonator, but I want to find out more about these exhaust systems first. If they made a Supersprint resonator I might want that as my first choice to keep the exhaust system looking like it was purchased as a set. When I'm ready to purchase I'll respond to your ad:)

Well Marmitte might not be a brand, and they made several different brands, or something along that line, and I do know that is a region of Italy. ....... If they made a Supersprint resonator I might want that as my first choice to keep the exhaust system looking like it was purchased as a set. When I'm ready to purchase I'll respond to your ad:)

I think I know the site your reffering to, the "Abarth" one with the

black and white photos?

I found out that collection of parts went to Austrailia and I think there might

be some SuperSprints in it, not sure but I put a word in to find out.

Not looking to make a buck cause shipping is alot from Austrailia having

already sent a Datsun ANSA resonator there myself.

Give me a call at 530-701-1244 if you need to

give more details or whatever specific if you like.

Will let you know ASAP when I find out whats what :)

~Z~

Edited by WingZr0

• 1 year later...

It only took a little more than a year to find and I'm pumped. I finally got the rear half of my exhaust system :D:D:D I looks from the add never been used just a little ruffed up from storage, but not much.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150560457616

Sorry I rather attach pictures to the email, but ebay isn't that friendly. I'll attach some after the part arrives.