Volt gauge woes. - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Volt gauge woes.

Featured Replies

Hello all

Ever since I bought my Z in August I've had issues with my volt gauge. When the car is off it shows ~12 volts. When I start the car the gauge will hover around 13 but the second I rev the engine it will max out. I had two (2) independent shops test my electrical system and both said that its the gauge.

So this past weekend I went to a junkyard and yanked a volt/fuel gauge out of a 77 280z 2+2 and put it in. The volt gauge worked great but the fuel gauge didn't :mad:. So I ended up placing the old one back in the car. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong. I inspected the volt gauge when I pulled it from my car and everything seemed ok. Any ideas?

Jan

Swap the Fuel Gauge between the two. Make one good gauge out of two bad ones.

E

Make sure all the guage connectors are properly seated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.