IGNORED

Engine lift points

widget777

I am removing my long block for replacement with a rebuilt long block. I have reveiwed the 4 manuals that I own and none clearly identify and locate the lift points for teh block. Can anyone show me what block/ head bolt holes to use to fasten to the lifting tackle on engie hoist? Thanks

I was just complaining out loud myself and wondering how folks pull the motors in their Z's. I have 5 240/280's and three zx's, one a turbo, and all of them have a loop in the front of the motor and not a single one has one at the rear. I just pulled the turbo motor tonight and since I already had the tranny off, I put a bolt on the top drivers side of the block in a tranny mounting hole. I find it very difficult to believe that all of the rear loops were inadvertantly left off. Without the rear loop, where does everyone else attach to the engine?

I also note that all of the motors with the exception of the 72 240 motor do not have the exhaust manifold stud/bolt in place on the rear of the engines (closest to the firewall). That seems odd as well.

• 2 weeks later...
I also note that all of the motors with the exception of the 72 240 motor do not have the exhaust manifold stud/bolt in place on the rear of the engines (closest to the firewall). That seems odd as well.
Common issue. The stock cast iron manifolds warp and put pressure on the rear-most studs until finally they simply snap off.