IGNORED

brake light problems

Lance

• 2 weeks later...

The front right blinker wire is a Green/Black wire. Find it over on the passenger side kick panel where the wires from the firewall come from the engine compartment. Disconnect this wire after testing it with a test light to make sure you got the correct wire. Turn the right blinker on or hit the brakes to find this wire.

It should be in a 4 pin connector, or at least it is on earlier Z'sOnce you know you have it, disconnect it somehow. Then try the brakes and turn signal again. just for the hell of it.

Now disconnect the plug, in front of the radiator, that goes to the front right blinker/marker light. Using an ohms meter, test the wire (Green/black) by connecting one lead to the G/B and the other to the metal. See if it's shorting.

If you find no problem with the G/B wire between the plug on the passenger side kick and the light up front, then you've eliminated half the problem area.

Now trace the wire on the dash side. Test it against the brake wire and the ground. There's an obvious short somewhere. You might even want to look at your hazard switch for a short. Try to wiggle it around and see if that helps. My hazard switch did something similar, but after I moved the toggle handle around, the problem stopped.

These are all just suggestions, but I would try the hazard switch first. Look for melted wires, wiggle it, turn it on and off again, test for results.

Dave