IGNORED

Need a part number!

FastWoman

Hi all,

I had bookmarked a part number reference on the web, but it's down. I need to install a generic EGR valve on my '78 Z, but I have to fit it with an orifice washer corresponding to the OEM part number, which of course I can't find.

So what's the OEM part number of an EGR valve for a '78 Z?

Failing that, what's an alternative online reference to this one? http://carfiche.com/fiche009/s30/

Thanks so much to anyone who can look this up for me!

Peace,

Sarah

Seems to be:

14710-N4301 Assy- Valve EGR Control California Manual

14710-N4311 Assy- Valve EGR Control California Auto

14719-N3301 Gasket - EGR C/V

They check out as real at http://www.nissanparts.cc

Hope that helps. This is from the pdf of the fiche that I purchased on line here some years ago. The carfiche site is a tad "trying" to use....

Pieces

Jim

Edited by zKars

They check out as real at http://www.nissanparts.cc
Well, sort of. All that means is that it's a legit part number. Availability is another story all together. I've done lots of business with them over the last few years. You'd have to call 1-866-754-5500 and speak to either Russell Moore or Lisa Alexander. They are the internet parts manager and internet director respectively. Either of them could tell you if a particular part number is actually available or not.

Bingo! (I think...) That would be a #7 orifice washer I need to install on the part for a California manual version. I'm wondering, though, whether that would be the same for a non-California manual version. Are the California and non-California EGR valves the same?

Jim, I really appreciate your help in looking up the number for me. Carfiche came back online tonight, but I'm having a devil of a time trying to find the EGR valve on it. The link you provided (nissanparts.cc) has a section for "classic cars," but that only goes back to 1980.

I appreciate the guidance, Steve. I already have the part though (through Black Dragon). The problem is that I have to install the right orifice for my vehicle, and I have to use a cross-reference using the Nissan parts numbers. I suppose a call to Black Dragon would also clear this up. They're a great source, but they fall short on some things. It would be very easy for them to throw in a small slip of paper to tell us which orifice to use for a given year/model. Better still, they could just install the orifice for us to avoid confusion. (I didn't even know I needed an orifice until after I had bolted the part on.)

Thanks to both of you! :)

Peace,

Sarah

Help???? Please???? Someone????

I called Black Dragon (from whom I ordered the aftermarket part), and they have no idea what the OEM part number is. They're researching it, but they don't sound very optimistic that they'll find anything. Still waiting.

They referred me to my local Nissan dealer which, likewise, has no idea what the part numbers are for my Z. They threw out their microfiches long, long ago.

I'll continue trying to use the online parts microfiche, but I can't seem to figure it out.

Black Dragon also referred me to internet forums like this one, and I told them that's where I got the California part numbers.

Anyway, all I know is that I'm getting way too much exhaust gas recirculation without the proper orifice washer installed, so to correct that, I need to find the Nissan part number, so that I can cross-reference to the proper diameter of orifice washer to install.

Again:

1978 280Z (11/77)

manual transmission

non-California

Thanks!

Sarah

Looking in Nissan Fast, I come up with 16335-H8200 which is described as 'Orifice #100'. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but that's the only thing on the 'Manifold, EGR from 8-76' list that looks like it could be it.

Holy cow! I don't know quite how I got there (couldn't get there before), but...

http://carfiche.com/fiche009/s30/index.pl?3:d:1

Looks like 14710-N7600 after 8/77 (? -- illegible). I do have that part number on the list. It would correspond to the aftermarket manufacturer's #34 orifice washer. Up to 7/77, the p/n would be 14710-N4705, which would take the same size orifice.

You think this is a winner?

Part #40 appears to be the EGR vavle itself. 14710-N7600 for build date 8/77 up. I thought you were just looking for the orifice washer. Nissan Fast is a program that's sort of a part number database. We've discussed it here a few times.