IGNORED

Silver Z/black rear bumper

g9m3c

I remember seeing a picture of one a while back, but I forgot to save it to my pc. I was thinking this car was a 260 or 280 and had the window trim painted black too. I'm contemplating doing this to my car, but would like to see it beforehand. I could photoshop it, but I'd rather see it on a real car. If you have any other pictures of silver or white Z's with black window trim and/or bumpers, please post them up! :cool:

-Grant

I had this done to a 76 I had back in the early 90s. Sorry I don't have pics. It really did look sharp at the time. I almost did it again on another Z years later, but chose not to as I felt like it would look a bit dated. There was a period when blacked out trim was popular, and I think that time has passed. That being said, what matters is what you like, and all you are getting from me is an opinion. Either way, have fun, make it yours, and drive it like you stole it;)!!

Adamr

The car I am restoring came with all trim, locks, door handles, w/s & hatch trim, bumpers everything and I plan to do orange or green paint with the all black trim, personally I like the look.

just my 2 cents

i think it has to do with the color of the car. my PO had painted the rusty bumpers the same silver as the car.

just looked kind of blah.

hope to re-chrome in the future but blew the bucks on the bumper rubbers.

the black is just enough of a difference to make the bumpers stand out.

well, for me at least.

post-7517-14150808667754_thumb.jpg

post-7517-14150808668398_thumb.jpg

The car I am restoring came with all trim, locks, door handles, w/s & hatch trim, bumpers everything and I plan to do orange or green paint with the all black trim, personally I like the look. just my 2 cents

Dan, if your bumpers are straight and chrome good, (or re-plateable), you might consider selling them and use the cash to buy fiberglass bumpers, since you are going to paint them anyway.

That way someone who needs metal bumpers gets what they need Besides, fiberglass is easier to paint then chrome.

Just a thought...