IGNORED

00030 sighted today

Bruce Palmer

Swung by ZTherapy's shop today and was presented with what was actually a barn find in the #30 car. It was getting a bath before going back into storage in another building. A real piece of history. Pretty cool.

In another shop, new body work was being fitted to a vintage IMSA car one of the fellows recently found and is returning to origional livery.......

Carry on.....

Didn't anticipate needing to take pictures of a silver Z that looks exactly like, well I suppose, many early silver Zs. Patina, patina, patina, if you know what I mean.

Steve also has, if memory serves, the first Z that came through Jack Scoville's dealership. And Al Epperly (Steve's dad) did a lot of work on Jack's championship winning roadster. The Epperlys have had their hooks into the Datsun scene clear back when......

Not to hijack this thread but I spoke to an ole high school friend a couple nights ago for the 1st time in 30 years. He is partly responsible for my affection for the Z. In 1977, his Dad gave him a '70 model. The other night he told me his Dad always told him it was one of the 1st ones off the boat in late '69 and the 1st one sold in the Greater Cincinnati area.

He told me the car is stored in a barn to this day (and has been for many, many years) over in Florence, KY, about a 20 minute drive from my house. He is going to attempt to get me in touch with the owner, his brother in law. Carl, I will report back if I find a low VIN car.

Hi Bruce:

So - - in effect you are telling us that Steve bought and now owns the #30 car - Yes/NO ? Or are you telling us that Steve is servicing the car and storing it for David?

thanks for the update...

Carl B.

Steve has owned this car for several years now. It and several others have been in the way. The race cars are becoming higher priority, hence the storage re-shuffle......