IGNORED

Datsun makes it on Cash Cab

=Enigma=

Were they clearly talking about Datsun/Nissan?
According to the forum post, the question was simply, "What was the first "Z" made by Datsun?" And according to wikipedia, it's the 240Z. The Fairlady Z was from Nissan. Remember, it's "common knowledge" questions, so I wouldn't expect most people to even know of a Fairlady Z.

Fairlady was not one of the options for the answer.

Link to the topic: http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5051918309/m/80019272301

Edited by TomoHawk

I didn't ask all that. Like I said, I didn't see the show (or their discussion forum) but my statement was two fold. You answered the first one but failed on the second one. We're on a Datsun forum not the Cash Cab forum. Remember, you're the one who awakened the thread.

Edited by sblake01

...the question was simply, "What was the first "Z" made by Datsun?" And according to wikipedia, it's the 240Z. The Fairlady Z was from Nissan.

"...according to Wikipedia..."

Must be true then!

As per my first post on this topic, "Datsun" was not capable of making anything, because 'Datsun' was simply a badge. The manufacturer - the company that made the 240Zs as well as the Fairlady Zs - was Nissan.

And the first S30-series Z to be given a chassis number ( and therefore a tangible identity ) was - according to the manufacturer - an 'S30' prefixed 'Fairlady Z', not a '240Z'.

But anyway, what a strange question for a quiz... :ermm:

We're on a Datsun forum not the Cash Cab forum.

I might have taken the wrong turning somewhere. Shouldn't have asked Robert Johnson for directions...... :paranoid:

Alan T.

I might have taken the wrong turning somewhere. Shouldn't have asked Robert Johnson for directions...... :paranoid:Alan T.
I know of two Robert Johnsons. One was a blues singer/songwriter/musician in the U.S. who died in the late 1930s. Still has influence on modern musicians. He was the writer of "Crossroads", a song performed by Eric Clapton. The other is the founder of B.E.T (Black Entertainment Television). I doubt that you are referring to either of them.

I know of two Robert Johnsons.

I doubt that you are referring to either of them.

Ouch!

Steven, I'd have hoped that you'd think better of me than that......

As far as I'm concerned ( no disrespect to the B.E.T. guy ) there's only one Robert Johnson. An absolute titan in 20th Century music, and - like so many of his contemporaries - one who died young and largely unrewarded.

He might - as legend has it - have sold his soul to the devil in return for his skills, but I'd say it was a good deal.

I know that you are a musician, and I'm not. I don't know about you, but for skills equivalent to the like of Robert Johnson's, I'd probably sell my soul to the devil at a crossroads too.......

Alan T.

I know that you are a musician, and I'm not. I don't know about you, but for skills equivalent to the like of Robert Johnson's, I'd probably sell my soul to the devil at a crossroads too.......

Alan T.

Jimi Hendrix, Charlie Parker, and John Coltrane also fall into that catagory for me.....or even Lee Morgan if I played trumpet.

Jimi Hendrix, Charlie Parker, and John Coltrane also fall into that catagory for me.....or even Lee Morgan if I played trumpet.

Curtis Mayfield, Frederic Chopin, Thomas Tallis and Artie Shaw are in my band. I play the triangle.....

I really need to have a beer with you if I ever make it over there, Stephen :beer:

Oops, sorry for the diversion. Better get back into that Cash Cab..... :)