Finding info on original owner! - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Finding info on original owner!

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

I want to see if I can find out who was the original owner of my 1970 240Z (HLS3002126). I'm pretty certain it was a SoCal car from day one. And to the best of my knowledge, I am only the second owner....since 1983. If any of you have experience in this area, please throw me a bone if you will! I'll see what I can find in the archives too.

Thanks, ahead of time!

Tom

  • Author

So far I've come up with zero! I've check the California DMV records and the archives here.....nada, zip, nothing! Anyone!!?

I think DMV has become really strict with information. As well as they should be I suppose. I can't remember how exactly but I was able to find out the original owner of my 53 Chevy pickup many years ago and when my dad and I bought a 67 roadster, it had no title. So we had to send a certified letter to the previous owner to tell them the car would be auctioned. Then if they didn't show, the car is yours.

You may want to look at how that process works for this.

Tom,

I did a Google search and came accross an XML file on this VIN that stated the following:

1970

HLS30-02126

Now L28

03-70

Now 5 Spd

905 Red

Black

Purchased late 1983 from PierreZ, refresh in 2000....many upgrades and mods, weekend toy!

Have you tried contacting Pierre Z and asked if they have any old records on your vehicle?

http://www.pierrezcar.com/contact.html

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Tom (240ZX) likely entered that info on the spreadsheed himself as many of us did.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.