IGNORED

rocker stripes?

zhead240

Stop by a graphic design shop, one that does decals, stripes etc and talk to them about applying the decal. I think basicially you apply water to the area you are placing the decal , take off the backing (just enough to start) ,spray more water if needed , remove more backing and use a squeege to smooth the decal and remove air bubbles. While you are at the graphic design shop you might ask how much they would charge to apply this. Their use to be shops called Trimline that did window tinting, pinstriping and decals that might also be a source.

Take a spray bottle and put a very small amount of dish soap and fill the rest with water. Spray it on the car. Peel and stick the stripe. You'll be able to move it around and work out all the bubbles with a squeegie. Let it sit overnight and you'll be all set.

You can put a small bit of rubbing alcohol along with the water and soap in the bottle to will make the water dry out sooner. So if you're in a hot climate, skip the alcohol so you'll have time work out the air bubbles before the water dries.

• 4 months later...

Great info on installing the side decals! Question: my Datsun logos on both sides are not being held by the pins, but some adhesive directly to the body. The pins are there, just not being secured to the car by them (no pin holders under the body panel). I want to remove the Datsun logos without breaking them (plastic) to install the side decals correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Great info on installing the side decals! Question: my Datsun logos on both sides are not being held by the pins, but some adhesive directly to the body. The pins are there, just not being secured to the car by them (no pin holders under the body panel). I want to remove the Datsun logos without breaking them (plastic) to install the side decals correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Dental floss. Use a fairly heavy, waxed variety. Slide it under the emblem and gently saw through the adhesive.

Before applying your decal, make sure you Check, Check and Re-Check your placement. I use a dull #2 pencil to mark the layout. Measure from the bottom of the rocker panel using a seamstress tape (cloth measuring tape). I use 3M painters tape to hold the measuring tape in place, then measure up and mark. Along the door, you should also measure from the bottom of the door sill. I then use a laser level to check that my marks are level across the panel. Once you've marked it out, step back and eyeball it. There's nothing worst than a crooked stripe on a car. Good Luck.

• 1 month later...
Are door decals available in other then Black & White? I have seen 240z photos shown with door stripe in gold & would really like to find

Brian,

you can always take a photo to a sign shop that does vinyl and have them make a set for you in any color you like. I've used a sign shop for a few thngs in the past, Harley logo, Neuspeed decals, etc. and have always been amazed at what they can do and how inexpensive as well.