IGNORED

fuel pump and cam lob help!!!!

myfairlady

Ok I have a 73 240z with a l28 engine. As I recall the L28 dont have the fuel pump lob and I like to install the mechanical fuel pump. Is there a site I can go to to find that lob or is it even possible to have it? Also is it easy to put on... I like the mechanical fuel pump and the way its mounted thats why I like to put it on.

Please please please help

Depending on what head you have you may already have it. Take off the valve cover and look at the very front of the cam to see if you have the eccentric cup that drives the fuel pump. Also look if you have the block off plate where the fuel pump would go, or more precisely, if there is a hole for the pump. Later heads did not have it.

Jim

Go to your local Nissan parts department and order part #13015-W0400, list price about $10. You'll also need the matching longer bolt, part #13012-W0400 for about $4. Or you can order these from any of the online dealers such as Courtesy, NissanParts.cc, etc.

But that's also assuming that your L28 head will accept the mechanical pump, many will not. Some of the later heads don't have the hole in the side of the head machined. Better check that before you order any parts.

Yes I failed to mention there is a block off plate and its a P90 head. I checked to see if the lob is there but no there is'nt.

Thanks for the part number I will definately check out my nissan dealer to see if they can order it for me.

By the way............ Is it hard to put on. Sorry guys for being dumb on this but its better to ask then not ask at all right?