IGNORED

280ZX 10th Anniversary #1 of 3000 on eBay!

JonnyRock

Check it out, the first of 3,000 10th anniversary ZX's on ebay for $35,000 (reserve not met).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1980-DATSUN-280ZX-BLACK-GOLD-1-AE-1-052-MILES_W0QQitemZ300336163505QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45ed6e2ab1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#v4-35

Not only is it the first, it's cherry with only 1,052 miles on the clock!

Autoblog has a nice little write up about the Black Gold 280's and their associations, pretty funny.

Edited by JonnyRock

I was looking at this 280zx 10th Anniversary for sale earlier today and was quite impressed with it. Now I'm double impressed! Nice car!

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1980-280ZX-10th-Anniversary-Limited-Addition-W0QQAdIdZ106655910

Anyone looking for matching bookends?

Edited by geezer

Yeah, I recognize the garage. Carl has vouched for his cars in the past. I'm certain it's on the up and up.

Very nice car...too pretty for me...I'd want to drive it...

And the one up in Canada is being sold out of the address of one Charles H Osborne...another not insignificant name in Z's...

Interesting....the 280ZX anniversary editions go big all of a sudden...

Edited by bigoak

And I can see at least 4 other Z's in this guy's garage. And he mentions 'Carl Beck' by name.

Is this guy a member here?

Hi Jon:

The owner is Randy Jaffe and I do not believe he is a member here.

Randy lived/worked in the Atlanta area for 30+ years. Over the past 10 years I've helped him find the best examples of the Z Cars from 69 though 83. He found and bought his own 300ZX's ;-)

At any rate he had one of the finest collections of super low mileage, very original and or pure stock Z's I've ever seen. I think at one time he had over 25, that included 7 of the Vintage Z's. {in addition to some pretty nice collector Porsche's as well}.

Life changes - and he is now relocating to Florida, so he has liquidated his auto collection in Atlanta. He hung on to this 10th AE because it has always been one of his favorites, but it's time to move on... He's a stand up guy, and a friend of mine. He has always done exactly what he said he would do, and was never petty about buying any of the cars he wanted.

Will he get that kind of money in todays market ? More than likely... true #1 cars are still very hard to find and it seems that there are always Collectors willing and able to pick up a Jewel.

Is that actually the First 10th AE Produced? Depends on how you look at it. Of the first group of 10th AE's completed with all the additional/special trim items and paint - Yes it is #1 of 3000. Is it the first chassis serial number to come off the line - NO. Just like the L24's in the 240Z's, the 280ZX chassis used for the 10th AE's got mixed around along the way.

Charlie's 10th AE in Canada is equally impressive. His has the Dealer Installed body side molding and a couple more miles - but it too is priced about right. If they don't sell now - they will next year.

FWIW,

Carl

Edited by Carl Beck

And I can see at least 4 other Z's in this guy's garage. And he mentions 'Carl Beck' by name.

Is this guy a member here?

I've never seen Randy post here. Here's a picture I took in his garage a while back before he started selling off cars. In this part of the garage are 9 immaculate 240Z's, 4 of which were VZ program cars.

post-3294-141508079285_thumb.jpg

I've never seen Randy post here. Here's a picture I took in his garage a while back before he started selling off cars. In this part of the garage are 9 immaculate 240Z's, 4 of which were VZ program cars.

I like that one in the middle very much...