Removing 240Z Steering Wheel - Page 2 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Removing 240Z Steering Wheel

Featured Replies

I just unbolted it, gave it a few spanks on either side at 3 and 9 OClock and it began moving forward on the shaft. Then I just gave alternating pulls to the left and right sides and off it came...

  • Author

I've called numerous places and nobody apparently carries a puller with the legs or hooks, so I guess I'll try some of the other options presented.

Thanks again!

  • Author

Well, I came home from work and tackled the steering wheel again. Followed suggestions made here and used WD-40 and left the shaft nut halfway on so I wouldn't brain myself. Tried pulling the steering wheel off again with intermittent pulls left and right but it still wouldn't budge.

Went over to HF after dinner and picked up the puller set that Mike B recommended. Came home and used the 4" puller and....SUCCESS! The steering wheel came off just like that. That was enough for one night, so tomorrow I'll tackle figuring out why my horn wasn't working on the original wheel and installing the new wheel.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the suggestions!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Just ran across this post and did the same method as you. Went to HF and bought the wheel puller and while I felt I needed 4 hands using it, :), it worked well. And to think, people bash the quality of HF tools! Cheap as some might be, for the one or two times I may have to use this or other obscure things, they work very well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.