IGNORED

very weak spark on cylinders 4 and 5

zman525

Hey everyone, have a little problem here. I seem to be getting extremely weak spark on cylinders 4 and 5. Every other cylinder seems to be great. The plugs are absolutely soaked with gas on those 2 cylinders. I put my inductive light on the wires and checked to see if i would get any readings close the the dist. cap and i did. but as i follow the wire down it gets weak and randomly fires. I replaced plugs, wires, dist cap, and rotor. Coil is also fairly new. I had a spare set of plug wires and tried messing with them, but no luck. any tips or ideas would be great. thanks.

Was it running like this before you swapped parts? Were plugs gapped properly? Are wires really cinched down? We are to assume this is a carb'd engine? FO is 153624 so it's not likely you crossed two wires BUT you never know until you really know. Carl

's approach is the most straight forward to assess the wires. I also like to look under the hood in pitch blackless to check for cross-firing (blue aura jumping between wires or other engine parts).