IGNORED

71 door fit 78?

Dan S

Just wanted to ask to make sure. I've talked to a gentleman about my 71 drivers door, which is rust free(don't ask me how I got that lucky) but has one bent hinge, working window, trim could use a makeover, but a solid door. I told him I'd ask here about a fair price and we agreed to go with what comes from you good people.

I will print the results and show him.

Next task is to talk to the guy down the street from me about selling the '80 anniversary edition 280 just sitting covered in the garage.

thax Dan

The door frames on the 240Z are quite different than the 78 280Z - you can't swap doors between them - even if you changed the latch.

In Canada - I would "guess" that a rust free - dent free - 240Z door would be at least $350.00

FWIW,

Carl B.

Edited by Carl Beck

Thanks guys, that's why I came here first. I wouldn't say dent free, 3 or 4 small ones and anice faded red. I'll keep it for now in case something should happen to the 72.

Thanks again

Not a bad idea - one doors have been NLA since about 98.. and it is getting harder and harder find good used ones. A couple small door dings can be worked out fairly easily - Over time they are money in the bank..

FWIW,

Carl B.