IGNORED

Name that transmission

ant280

Joelsmysterytranny002.jpgJoelsmysterytranny001.jpg

Hi all,

I have a transmission I pulled from a customers 72 240z that I have not seen before. Can anyone identify the one on the right? (The overhauled one on the left is going back in the car). Is it from a truck? Roadster? Thanks in advance.

Anthony Q

A&C Imports

I have a transmission I pulled from a customers 72 240z that I have not seen before. Can anyone identify the one on the right? (The overhauled one on the left is going back in the car). Is it from a truck? Roadster? Thanks in advance.

Anthony Q

A&C Imports

Looks like a run-of-the-mill "b" box 4 speed (F4W71B), to me.

Edited by preith

Can anyone identify the one on the right? (The overhauled one on the left is going back in the car). Is it from a truck? Roadster? Thanks in advance.

This might help some in the future:

http://Zhome.com/ZCMnL/tech/69-83TrannyShifterDrawing.jpg

The one on the Left is not out of a roadster, as they used the Type A transmissions in both 4 and 5 spd. versions. As I recall most truck transmissions were shorter.. ie had shorter tail shafts...

FWIW

Carl B.