IGNORED

76 ac motor blower fan

280zchick

I have a 76 280z, and I need my ac back. I live in Houston and it is unbearable. I have purchased a new ac motor blower, but it did not come with the fan. I have purchased several on ebay, but all of them are cracked or broken and they end up breaking just like the others. Is there anything else I could use. Such as a different year,or a different model, I just think I need something new. Everyone I have spoken with has no idea, but I know there is an answer out there. Any help is greatlly appreciated.

Fans for these cars in good shape are really hard to come by in good shape for the original, the plastic just degrades over time. Searching here you will find a good group of posting for swapping out the blower and fan from different cars that has a large following for upgrading the heating and cooling.

I have a 76 280z, and I need my ac back. I live in Houston and it is unbearable. I have purchased a new ac motor blower, but it did not come with the fan. I have purchased several on ebay, but all of them are cracked or broken and they end up breaking just like the others. Is there anything else I could use. Such as a different year,or a different model, I just think I need something new. Everyone I have spoken with has no idea, but I know there is an answer out there. Any help is greatlly appreciated.

For my '77 280z my fan was also craked and missing a few teeth so I used a fan blower from a '91 Honda Civis. Just had to open the hole just a little. Plug and play other than that. It blows 3 times harder that then original 280z fan. Am very happy with this set up.

• 2 weeks later...

there are also after-market electric fans you can get, they will save you some HP and cool just as well if not better. I have never dabbled in them myself (ive been lucky) but i know people who have and have been very pleased.

(And i hear you on the head though mine has no compressor it gets parked during the summer)

there are also after-market electric fans you can get, they will save you some HP and cool just as well if not better. I have never dabbled in them myself (ive been lucky) but i know people who have and have been very pleased.

(And i hear you on the head though mine has no compressor it gets parked during the summer)

Are you talking about a heater/AC fan? That's what this is about. By mentioning HP gain, it sounds like you're talking about an engine fan.

She's not looking for a fan motor, she already has that. She's looking for the plastic fan or 'squirrel cage' as they are sometimes called.

I have purchased a new ac motor blower, but it did not come with the fan.
Edited by sblake01

My 73 has a metal birdcage and its army green, had it out to clear leaves in the blower box. Thought the metal was too heavy but went back to metal as it was

less work the inserts were missing from the plastic one, I still have plastic if any

intrest out there.