I recently purchased a 1977 280Z EFI in auto, I have purchased a stage 3 cam from motor sports auto, in addition to a K&N air filter, headers, big throat throttle body, rising rate fuel pressure regulator, Bosch plugs along with wires and a timing kit. My first question is what improvements am I looking to receive with these tweaks, just averages from those of you who have done this and, is there anything else I can do to improve hp without going turbo or adding a supercharger? The ultimate goal is hp, handling and engine longevity. I also have rear disk brakes, anti sway and strut bars already installed. I am new to this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Edited by Remmi3817
Forgot detail

Kendal,

Welcome to this site!

One thing, this site is more aimed at those that do very few if any modifications to their cars, that isn't to say modifications aren't done, just that it is more of a rarity here than at HybridZ.org-they would be your best bet for takes on performance modifications, several members here are also members there-myself included. While this site can help you with longevity and a few performance upgrades, HybridZ.org is really where your performance question should be researched. Along that vein-they have serious archives just like we do, and they are there for you to explore, and refer to. All of the members before you that posted their experiences did so to help you. Hunting the answers does take more work than simply asking a question, but so did posting the information for you to find in the first place! Don't be afraid to use the search functions before asking questions about upgrades that have been available for years-the odds are someone-more than likely several "somones"-has already posted answers for you!

Again, Welcome to Z ownership and to the club!

Will

Welcome!

Where in NY are you? Be sure to check out the new club that has started in NY: NYZCC.COM

Just do some searching around on HybridZ.org and here and you can find most of the answers you are looking for like Will said. Good luck with the project and don't be afraid to send an email if you need something.

I live in Manhattan but the car is in the garage in South Carolina. I will check out the club and the site. Thank so much.

Nice, lots of us are close. I am often in The Bronx.....I go by the username on EVILZ on nyzcc...got any pics of the car?