IGNORED

what is Nissan coming to??

DatsunZsRule

$^!#! look what I started now :rolleyes: :nervous:

No it wasn't you.

It was the typical "I'm American Man! Buy American! You want a Job? Buy American" attitude.

Meanwhile every single moron with that attitude can be found with a "Buy Domestic" or "Out of a Job yet? Keep buying Foreign" bumper sticker. Dumping their paycheques at the local Wal-Mart on a Friday night happily buying everything that's "Made In China" and helping them to underpay their employees to help the rich save a buck and get richer.

I just don't understand some peoples' lack of education or grip on reality. If you can operate a computer to post on a forum, use it to read up on some facts about what you're buying and WHERE it's coming from if you're so concerned. Get off the high horse of telling everyone else what to do because YOU are misled and think you're superior for following through with your dillusional self-fulfilling prophecy.

/Rant

Edited by LowCarbZ

I agree with Mike, horsepower can be overated. Seven years ago I went to buy my first sportscar. I drove lots of different sportscars (including a Boxster) and at the end of the day I picked a Miata because it was so balanced. Nothing like winding it up and still not be very far over the speed limit. The 240 is not far behind, very balanced and fun to wind up.

I bought a used BMWZ4 coupe because the Miata was just too loud on the freeway (got to the point where I almost needed to wear ear plugs). Great ride... smooth, quiet, and much much faster than what I ever need. At some point down the road I may retire and have to reduce the number of cars (my wife doesn't understand why I need three cars that have a total seating capacity of six) and the Z4 will go before the Miata or the 240.

Maybe I'll live in someplace some day where I can utlize the extra HP, or even better have affordable access to a track.

Jack T

No it wasn't you.

It was the typical "I'm American Man! Buy American! You want a Job? Buy American" attitude.

Meanwhile every single moron with that attitude can be found with a "Buy Domestic" or "Out of a Job yet? Keep buying Foreign" bumper sticker. Dumping their paycheques at the local Wal-Mart on a Friday night happily buying everything that's "Made In China" and helping them to underpay their employees to help the rich save a buck and get richer.

I just don't understand some peoples' lack of education or grip on reality. If you can operate a computer to post on a forum, use it to read up on some facts about what you're buying and WHERE it's coming from if you're so concerned. Get off the high horse of telling everyone else what to do because YOU are misled and think you're superior for following through with your dillusional self-fulfilling prophecy.

/Rant

TomoHawk's been at that for the entire time he's been a member of this site. Every now and then I call him on it but it does no good. You'll just get madder and madder. He won't even answer once things get too hot. PM'ing him to tell him how you feel is also a waste of time because he won't answer those either. What was his quoue? Something like:

"These are some of my opinions about things, so if you don't agree with any of this stuff, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF. OK? My opinions are my own and so they are considered FACTS."

Sorry if I got a couple of the words wrong, Tom (Tomo?-what is your name, really?), I'm going from memory but that's the general gist of what you said on your website. If that's really how you feel you shouldn't post those sentiments on a public forum because your remarks seem to be designed to generate comments.

Edited by sblake01

This thread is taking an off topic and ugly turn. Come on guys lets not go into attack mode here :D

Not saying I disagree with you Stephen but forget about replying to Tomo. Do like I do - Just Consider the source and Roll your eyes, shake your head and move forward. Life is too short :)

Now lets get back to B.Sing about cars :D

Not really replying to him. Just stating an opinion. I'm entitled to as he is. And, believe me, I do consider the source. At least three other people reacted to his crap, and that's exactly what it is, crap. I'm not the only one. Yes, lets get back to cars. I think I understand the market that cars like the Cube, Element, XB, etc. are intended to reach, I'm just not part of that market. As far as the horspower thing, even if you won't use it 99% of your driving, it's nice to have there it should you want or need to use it. I'm basically doing what Jack T. is talking about. That is, reducing the number of cars. Same scenario, 3 vehicles, a pickup, a 2 seater and a 2 dr hardtop. basically the same total seating capacity he spoke of. Those 3 will be replaced with one vehicle. But this time I want the HP!

The first thing I thought when I saw the cube was, "What the hell is that ugly thing?" I would never buy one myself, however there is a market for this sort of vehicle and like others pointed out, you play the game or you end up like GM and Chrysler. Like most interesting vehicles, the more I see it the more it grows on me. Remember the Avanti?

Edited by =Enigma=

Those 3 will be replaced with one vehicle. But this time I want the HP!

While I lament the badge engineering done with the new GTO, I totally dig that car. I wish that instead of just putting a Pontiac badge on a Holden Monaro, they had massaged the sheet metal and shown some GTO heritage. That being said, the new GTO is definitely a modern day sleeper. And I looove sleepers.

If I were you, I'd go for one of the newer ones, where they bumped the hp from 350 up to 400 (I believe). But I'd get rid of that god-awful dual cowl hood and throw an earlier one on there. Then it looks like your average everyday 2-door, but it can blow the doors off just about anything on the road.

BTW, badge engineering is not always a bad thing. Worked out great with the Pontiac G8, as it's also a Holden. I really wish they'd throw a Chevy bow tie on that thing and continue making them. :cry:

Edited by JonnyRock

Oh, I'm definately looking for an 05-06 (LS2) not an 04 (LS1). The exhaust setup is nicer on the later ones also, one pipe on each side rather than two on the left as on the 04. I guess I'll have to live with the hood.

1z2zxhg.jpgx0utc9.jpg

Edited by sblake01

I'd buy this body styling - forget the electric motor etc...

Put a 3.0L, in-line turbo six in it. Give it a standard steel roof with a good hatchback... and keep it under 2650lbs...

Like the Datsun 240-Z, beautiful styling should not be held only for cars above $50K. If Pontiac could sell the Solstice with a Turbo4 for under $29K... Nissan should be able to mass produce something with styling like this for under $29K...

FWIW,

Carl B.

post-3609-14150807410878_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150807411525_thumb.jpg